PSYCHIC WORLD \ CLAIRVOYANCE \ SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENON \ ASTRAL TRAVEL \ PAST LIFE REGRESSION \ OUTER BODY EXPERIENCE \ CHAKRAS AND BODY AURAS

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Top 3 Stumbling Blocks to Psychic Development and How to Overcome Them

You might have heard this before: "Everyone has some degree of psychic ability" Did you then think, as I did, "Ok, so where's mine?" I do believe that every person has latent psychic skills that can be developed and honed. The problem is many people wish to develop these skills and are met with a few stumbling blocks that prevent them from reaching their goals. Let's take a look at them.

The first stumbling block is a misunderstanding of psychic ability. Most people expect what they see in the movies: bright, colorful, photographically clear images and high definition sounds that tell a complete story. Let me first say that not everyone's strength is clairvoyance, which is the ability to see images psychically. It has been my experience, however, that most psychics that are clairvoyant don't have that kind of crystal clear experience. When I see something, it's usually a brief flash, occasionally in color, and it's often symbolic and requires a little research to find out the meaning behind it. I have had several discussions with many of my friends who are psychic and they tell me they have the same type of experience I do.
It is also important to know that clairvoyance is not the only psychic ability a person can have. Some people hear (clairaudience) things such as the voices of spirit guides; others feel (clairsentience) energies or detect danger through "gut feelings". Some even smell etheric scents. Whatever your psychic strength is, start by developing it first. Mine happens to be clairsentience.

The second stumbling block is an attempt to "chase the information". This refers to the tendency so many of us have to try to "go get" the information we want. When we do this, we place a big road block between what we're trying to learn and ourselves. The way to receive psychic information is to be relaxed and receptive. Rather than "going to get" the information, patiently wait for it to come to you. The reason so many psychics have prophetic dreams is because when they're asleep, they are in a very deep state of relaxation and receptivity. If you know how to meditate, slip into a light meditative sate. This will greatly improve your ability to receive psychic information. If you don't know how to meditate, don't worry. Just be calm and relaxed and let whatever comes to your mind enter.

The third stumbling block is trust. Because most people are expecting the information to take one form and often get something different, they dismiss what was received. The key to moving along the path of psychic development is to trust the impressions you get. As an example, I was working with my sister one time, trying to discover the cause of her headache. She often gets stress headaches and she wanted me to see if I could find the cause. I received an image of her house and couldn't make sense of why I would be shown that. I was sure my mind was simply conjuring up this picture and it had no relevance. But, trusting what I was receiving, I asked her if anything was going on at home that might be stressing her and she said, "Yes, I'm incredibly stressed about getting the house cleaned up for the party this weekend." Had I simply assumed I was making up the picture of her house because it wasn't what I was expected to be the answer, I might not have found the problem.

I hope you have found this article helpful and I wish you the best of luck on your road to psychic development.

No comments: